This article shows you how to prevent videos from auto-playing on the Facebook mobile app and on the Facebook web (there is some difference between the two platforms).
1. Open your Facebook app then tap the hamburger icon on the right side.
2. Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy”.
3. Select “Settings” from the expanded panel.
4. Scroll down a little bit and head to the “Media” section.
5. Tick the checkbox labeled with “Never Autoplay Videos”.
You are all set.
2. Navigate to “Settings”.
3. Select “Videos” from the left-hand sidebar.
4. Head to the “Auto-play video” and select “Off” from the drop-down.
Done. From now on, videos on Facebook only start playing if that is what you want.