If you use Telegram for many important purposes, it is necessary to enable two-step authentication. Once this feature is on, both the password set by you and a verification code sent by Telegram via SMS will be required when you log into your account on a new device. The steps below will guide you to do just that.
1. Tap the hamburger icon in the top left corner to open the left drawer then go to Settings:
2. Navigate to Privacy and Security:
3. Select Two-Step Verification:
4. Press the Set Password button to continue:
5. Enter a new password for your Telegram account. It should be more than 6 characters in length.
6. Re-enter your password to confirm that you didn’t make a typo:
7. Set a password hint (optional):
8. This step is optional but it will give you a chance to access your account if you forget your password. Enter your recovery email in the text field and hit the Continue button. If you think this isn’t necessary, you can press the Skip button.
9. Check your email inbox to get the verification code sent by Telegram. Enter that code into the text field to complete your set up process:
Everything is done. From now on, your Telegram is more secure than it was before.